Saturday, March 15, 2008

Banana Berry Sock


Banana Berry sock
Originally uploaded by telcontar328

This is my first sock. My friend Hilary (FreezerFairy) adapted the pattern for worsted-weight yarn--it worked perfectly, except that the Red Heart Super Saver really chews up my feet! So I'm doing another one, with the foot in Bernat Super Value (much cuddlier), and just the cuff in RH SS. No photo yet, though.

I also have to use a stretchier bind-off on this next one. I can barely get the pictured sock on! But Vicki (SimpleKnits) and Anita (TheFiberArtist) both suggested stretchy bind-offs, so I'm good to go.

The cuff is so long because I like knee socks--while I have short legs, they're so thick that the cuff gets significantly shorter when I put it on!

1 comment:

Hildawg said...

Ha! Looks awesome!!